School’s out for the summer! Keep your kids entertained, happy, learning and playful with these 10 fun family activities hosted across the GTA. Each one is guaranteed to spark joy in kids of all ages—whether you’re parenting toddlers or teens!
From musicals to a treasure hunt with Captain Brickbeard—and everything in between—with this guide in hand, there are plenty of ways to make it a summer to remember for the whole family! Pro tip: bookmark this page for easy planning.
1. LEGOLAND: Hunt for the Golden Treasure (Vaughan). Now until June 26. Become a pirate and use a treasure map to help Captain Brickbeard find his treasure. Tickets are $26.99.
2. Blippi The Musical (Mississauga). June 22. Songs will be performed by professional stage actors (not the Blippi seen on YouTube). Perfect for children aged two to seven. Hosted at Paramount Fine Food Centre. Tickets are $29.50.
3. Movie Nights at Celebration Square (Mississauga). Now until Sept 1. June’s line-up includes: Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Jumanji: The Next Level, Clifford the Big Red Dog and Shrek 2. Movies start at 8 p.m.
4. KidZfest at Canada’s Wonderland (Vaughan). July 23-Aug 7. Official line-up coming soon. Live entertainment, kids activities, dance parties and more. KidZfest is included with Park Admission from $44.99.
5. Disney on Ice. Aug 30-Sept 2. Join Mickey Mouse and friends on adventures filled with skating, acrobatics and stunts. Scotiabank Arena. Tickets starting at $31.
6. Barnyard Playland at Brooks Farms (Mount Albert, north of Richmond Hill). Featuring wagon rides, pirate ships, jumping pillows, a singing chicken show, splash pad and rubber duck races – plus you can visit the animals! Tickets are $11.99 and admission is free for children under the age of two.
7. The 5 Drive-In Theatre (Oakville). Open 7 days a week. Movies starting at 6:45 p.m. Family admission (one car with two adults and two kids) is $29. Bonus: the drive-in theatre is pet-friendly!
8. Kidstown Water Park (Scarborough). Mid June to early Sept. Featuring a tipping bucket, spray rings, squirting aquatic animals, a slide, wading pool, splash pad and a picnic area. FREE.
9. Weekend Nature Play at the Children’s Garden (Toronto). Kids can explore, play in nature and benefit from place based outdoor learning. Hosted at Evergreen Brick Works. Check the website for dates and times. Tickets are $10.
10. Kids Zoo. Kids can pop-up inside a plexiglass bubble to come face-to-face with a guinea pig, dig for dinosaur artifacts and slide down a 2-storey tree house slide at the Toronto Zoo. Entry is $27.99 for adults and $18.30 for children.
BONUS: Cineplex Family Favourites. Families can enjoy movies for $2.99 every Saturday morning this summer. Perfect for those rainy summer days! Welcoming kids of all ages. Check your local Cineplex theatre for listings.