What an incredible year 2019 has been for us! We celebrated 30 years as Canada’s leading independent staffing firm.
Our story began on March 1, 1989, when two young entrepreneurs had a vision to help people find meaningful careers. Over the past three decades, we witnessed that vision transform into a reality. We grew from a team of two in a tiny one-bedroom apartment, to a team of 165 in six offices across Canada. We went from placing 25 candidates in our first year of business, to placing 8,000 every year.
And one thing is certain, none of this would have been possible without our loyal clients, valued candidates and the communities we call home. Which is why we wanted to focus our 30th year on giving back.
Throughout 2019, our team executed two initiatives:
- $30K for 30 Years: from nominations nation-wide, we gave thirty $1,000 donations to non-profits with a great mission, and a grand $30,000 to one recipient.
- 30 Hours for 30 Years: our staff volunteered from the heart and with their hands to make an impact on organizations they believe in.
Our journey brought us closer together. Here’s a closer look at what we’ve been up to….
$30K for 30 years is an initiative where we invited our clients to submit nominations for a charity of their choosing to receive one of thirty (30) $1,000 donations OR one (1) $30,000 donation. The $60,000 earmarked for this campaign is in addition to the on-going support our firm gives to Christie Lake Kids, the YMCA, and Movember, among others, on an annual basis.
We collected nominations by opening this up first to our clients, then to the general public. Our nominations committee, comprised of member of our team, then selected finalists based on the charity’s core values, the charity or program’s reach, fund allocation, donation dispersion, and overall presentation and creativity of the responses in the submission form.
CLICK HERE to see our 30 $1,000 donation recipients
- Shifra Homes
- Youth Without Shelter
- Perley Rideau Veterans Health Centre Foundation
- Loft Community Services
- Terry Fox Foundation
- The Lighthouse Program for Grieving Children
- Noah’s Clubhouse
- Spinal Cord Injury Ontario
- Calgary Children’s Cottage Society
- Matthew House Ottawa
- Youth Services Bureau
- Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation
- Royal Ottawa Hospital Foundation
- St. Patrick’s Home of Ottawa Foundation
- Dress for Success
- Markham Stouffville Hospital Foundation
- West Park Healthcare Centre Foundation
- Sprint Senior Care
- Retired Teachers of Ontario Foundation
- Chalmers Community Services
- Nellie’s Shelter
- Queensway Carleton Hospital Foundation
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada
- L’Arche Ottawa
- Breast Cancer Action Ottawa
- Ausome Ottawa
- Snowsuit Fund
- Kind Space
- Canadian Education Association
- Between Friends
The final $30,000 donation recipient…
Watch our video announcement below.
Out of over 70 submissions, our team picked one final recipient for this grand donation. The team agreed that we wanted to support Mental Health, as it has impacted many of our staffs lives both professionally and personally.
Because we operate in both the Greater Toronto Area and the National Capital Region, The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre and The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, both leaders in mental health care and research, were selected to split this donation.
30 hours for 30 years is an initiative where our teams across Canada have volunteered at a variety of local charities completing over 30 hours of volunteer service. The organizations we selected were based on staff recommendations for charities close to their hearts.
CLICK HERE to see the organizations we volunteered for
- Boys and Girls Club
- Pitch-In Canada
- Canadian Blood Services
- Cleaning the Capital
- Dress for Success
- Interval House
Thank you to everyone who has been part of our journey!