|Get the latest updates about COVID-19 in Ontario.|
March 23, 2020
- Ontario government close at-risk workplaces to protect health and safety of public. Click here for the list of essential workplaces open.
March 19, 2020
- Ontario Legislature passed the Employment Standards Amendment Act (Infectious Disease Emergencies), 2020 to provide job-protected leave to employees in isolation or quarantine due to COVID-19, or those who need to be away from work to care for children because of school or day care closures or to care for other relatives.
March 18, 2020
March 17, 2020
- Premier Doug Ford declares a State of Emergency in Ontario.
- Public events of over 50 people are prohibited (including places of worship) – effective until March 31st.
- Recreational facilities, schools, libraries, daycares, churches and other faith settings, bars and restaurants, and theatres (live and cinemas and concerts) are closed – effective until March 31st.
- Ontario’s Emergency Relief Package enacts, committing $3 million to fighting / containing COVID 19.